Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Princess Show: J

Share



1. Please introduce yourself and your daughter.
My name is Danielle.  I’m black and Japanese and my husband is Nigerian so her hair is a bit different than mine.  I didn't know much about her type...I always thought it was normal for it to be dry and hard to comb.  She didn't really show an interest in her hair but now she is looking forward to her hair growing so I can try all the styles on the blogs.

2. What is your daughter's hair care routine?
I am just now learning about how to properly care for her hair.  I used to just wash it once a week and use grease to cornrow it. I didn’t use conditioner or moisturizer, but I would spray some oil on her scalp during the week if it was braided.  I guess because I don’t use that stuff for my own hair.  Just last week I noticed her hair has gotten shorter and really dry so I looked at your blog and BBB blog and curlylikeme and this week started a routine.  So far I washed her hair, used a rinse conditioner and then a leave-in.  I put it in twist and styled the next day.  Every day I am planning to moisturize her hair.

3. What products work best for her hair?
So far I’m using HEHH conditioner, vo5 moisture soak conditioner, avocado oil that you recommend and coconut oils. 

4. What products have you tried that didn't work so well?
I bought some shampoos (Garnier Fructis and HEHH) but then saw the sulfate and sodium chloride in them so I am looking forward to replacing those when they are finished.

5. How long would you say her hair is in inches?
It is braided right now, so I have to estimate...it's pretty short in the back, maybe 3-4 inches and her hair gets longer toward the top, maybe 6-7 inches.

6. Do you periodically trim her hair? If so, how often?
No. Never.

7. Do you ever use heat on her hair? If so, how often?
I’ve used heat on her hair maybe a total of 2 or 3 times.  I’m not sure if I will stop forever but I don’t plan on using it until her hair is stronger.

8. Have you ever relaxed her hair?
No.

9. Do you plan to in the future?
No.

10. Do you have any hair secrets to share with us?
Since I’m new, no but I’ve seen other people say moisturizing it is key so I’m going to see how that goes.

11. Finally, let's see pictures of your princess!


Danielle is a dear friend of mine and I wanted to thank her for participating in our blog. Jannah and J are good friends and I hope we can get together very soon. It is also thanks to her (and dh) that I didn't relax Jannah's hair. I remember she was very against it and as a result referred me to some websites that had lots of great info regarding bi-racial hair. THANK YOU Danielle! Keep up the great work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. We love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails