This is our first style post. :)
How to get this look:
- I co-washed Jannah's hair with HEHH (Herbal Essences Helly Hydration Conditioner). For now I'm not using any shampoo. After I co-wash her scalp gently with my finger tips, I rinse it out and immediately apply HEHH. I use alot and make sure every part of her hair is coated with it. This conditioner has been a life saver for me and her.
- For now I'm using an old t-shirt to dab her hair with, instead of a towel. It soaks up the water nice but not too much and doesn't leave it dripping.
- Next I apply Roland's Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Avocado oil (which makes her hair unbelievably soft and shiny), band her hair in 4 - 6 sections and put her sleeping cap on.
- In the morning her hair is usually a tiny bit damp still but that is fine. I'm not using any of the fancy hair butters and such as of yet, so I make my own styling concoction using HEHH conditioner, avocado oil, and purified water. These are pre-mixed and all I have to do is shake it up before spritzing. Works well for her hair for now, until I find something better.
- Back to how to get this look: Part the hair from ear to ear and tie the back off.
- Now you will be working on the top part. Instead of parting straight across, part the hair slanted. Now part about 1 centimeter (about 1/2 an inch) right next to the first and start cornrowing. Keep parting the hair to prepare for the cornrow and finish cornrowing the right and left sides.
- The rest of the hair in the back is box braided. I usually make the boxes 1 inch by 1 inch.
- This Should take about 45 min.
This is the same style pulled up in a pony tail. Flower is from Claire's.
Here she is twirling around to show off her dress. :)