Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Princess Show: Hannah Kaelani

Share
Hannah Kaelani



1. Please introduce yourself and your daughter.
My name is Vanessa and my daughter's name is Hannah Kaelani.

2. What is your daughter's hair care routine?
Hannah's hair is "cleansed" about 3 times a week but only shampood about once every 7-10 days. We use Hair One Cucumber and Aloe and Fructise Sleek and Shine conditioner to co-wash or cleanse and Kinky Curly Come Clean to shampoo. Once in a while I used GVP Matrix Moisturizing Shampoo which has sulfates to clarify it, but only after I do a pre-poo deep treatment. Her rinse out conditioner is GVP Matrix Conditioning Balm, sometimes with honey mixed in.

Deep treatment is Coconut Oil, Olive Oil mixed with Organix Shea Butter Conditioner before shampooing OR GVP K-pak if she needs protein. I do this about once a month, but more often in summer. Been thinking about trying Avocado oil too.
Leave in is Kinky Curly Knot Today.

Styling products vary. For the most part I use Kinky Curly Curling Custard, KC Spiral Sprits, Olive or Coconut oil mixed with KC Tiny Twirls for pony tails

But when humidity is crazy I switch to some products with silicones such as GVP Matrix Extreme Cream and GVP CHI Silk infusion. I also occasionally use Eco Styler and Tizz No Frizz gel from Aussie. Been experimenting with Aloe Gel too. You just never know with me.

3. What products work best for her hair?
It really depends on what is going on weather wise, when's the last time I washed it and what activities we're doing. But if I had to choose, Kinky Curly products are my favorite and I can feel really good about using them because they are organic.

4. What products have you tried that didn't work as well?
I've never had anything completely fail. They just have worked in their own way.

5. How long would you say her hair is in inches?
We recently had her hair cut into a bob because she had a mullet forming. :-) So, maybe about 7-9 inches when pulled all the way out.

6. Do you periodically trim her hair? If so, how often?
Yes. Every 4-6 months. It's really more for mullet control. :-)

7. Do you ever use heat on her hair? If so, how often?
Yes. VERY seldom. I used Chi Silk infusion and a heat protectant spray when I do.

8. Have you ever relaxed her hair?
NO!

9. Do you plan to in the future?
HECK NO!

10. Do you have any hair advice to share with us?
Learn you children's hair. Every hair type has the potential to be beautiful. There is nothing worse than a multi-racial child suffering humiliation because of a lack of information or a lack of effort on the part of their parents. ALSO....NEVER comb or brush curls once they are dry.

11. Finally, let's see pictures of your princess!




Vanessa, your daughter is a pure beauty! Her beautiful big green eyes just make you melt and those curls are perfect. Thank you for being on The Princess Show and I especially loved your advice about learning your children's hair.
Iman E.

3 comments:

Don't be shy. We love comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails